Sunday 10 June 2012

JACKY'S PICKS - JUNE - WILDLIFE

Today my friend and I went for a walk and took the opportunity to take my camera with me to take photos of wildlife for Jacky's choice. I was very pleased that there was so much choice of animals.


This is my favorite shot. The bird is called a Pukeko and I think it is a native bird to New Zealand, although my friend said there is a similar bird in Australia.

This was a very unusual shot of a Pukeko. He had something wrong with his leg. He was under a tree that had shed a carpet of autumn leaves on the ground.

These two black swans were interesting as they were together all the time we were watching them.



We were very fortunate to see this mother swan and six babies. When we were feeding them the father was scaring the other birds away so they could feed.

4 comments:

  1. you got some really good photo's of wildlife here Paddy, I too love the one of the pukeko, but I think the last one of the swan and cygnets is my favourite. They do have a similar bird to the pukeko over here, but doesn't make the same sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention this is the park near the zoo. I took you around it and we took some photos. I think it was when you were here for Cassandra's 21st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are all lovely, look at the lovely sort of frilled feathers on the last photos, the pukeko one was lovely and sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I noticed that on the swan as well, forgot to mention it.

    ReplyDelete