Thursday 12 July 2012

NICE PUMPERNICKEL BREAD RECIPE

Breadmaker Pumpernickel Bread

This is a lovely recipe. Easy to make in breadmaker and nice if you slice the bread thin with an electric knife and store in freezer.

Ingrediants:
1 1/8 cup warm water
1 1/2 tbspn vegetable oil
1/3 cup molasses
1 tbspn caraway seeds
1 1/2 cup bread flour (I use white)
1 cup rye flour
1 cup wholewheat flour
1 1/2 tbspn vital wheat gluten (optional I didn't use)
2 1/2 teas bread machine yeast.

I set mine on no 5 which is rye setting.
ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. that looks nice Paddy, unfortunately I don't have a bread maker, I wonder if you could just cook it in the oven. There is something very therapeutic about making bread. I have never tried pumpernickel bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVENT TRIED IT YET AND YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO BAKE IN OVEN

    ReplyDelete