Sunday 14 April 2013

YUMMIE FEIJOAS AND CAPSICUM SPREAD

Capsicums are very abundant at the moment so today I made a Capsicum spread which is yummie with cream cheese and crackers. I thought I got this recipe from you Jacky but you don't remember it so maybe I didn't. Anyway here is the recipe and I did double the quantity. It didn't seem to thicken up so I added some cornflour.

Capsicum Spread
2 large capsicum chopped finely
3 tbspn sundried tomatoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
2 cloves garlic
Simmer until thick and put in container.


We were so lucky Peter's friend has a beautiful feijoa tree and last Friday brought around a huge bag around So today I stewed about half of them to put in the freezer. I know you girls must miss them as they are harder to get over there aren't they. Mind you if you buy them in the shops here (which I refuse to do as they fall off the ground in a lot of peoples home trees) and they are very expensive.


2 comments:

  1. actually that does look like a recipe I had, but will write it down again. Not fair, feijoa's love them, we do get them in here from time to time, about $2 each and we pay that willingly, the girls and I, have to get them when they just come out as if they sit in the shop a few days they go brown inside. Thanks for sharing. Great photo's too

    ReplyDelete
  2. great paddy now im craving them how i love them

    ReplyDelete