Thursday 16 February 2012

FEBRUARY 18 - HANDWRITING



I had not long been with my new partner and had to leave him to go on a month long trip with my sister to France. This was the letter I sent him while I was away.
In France I was fortunate enough to come across these beautiful old letters. One of them is dated Lyon 12 October 18 which I would imagine be 1918. The writing in those days were so beautiful and romantic. It makes one think about who wrote those letters, was it a love letter, are these people still living. The centre picture is worded Generalite de Lion which makes you wonder was it an official document and the dates looks as though it is 1879 which makes it a very old document. I love the vintage look of these letters and it makes you think back to olden times and what life must have been like then. It is also nice to see something that has been preserved by someone to be looked at today.

No comments:

Post a Comment