Monday 27 February 2012

MY OLD CAMERA COLLECTION

There is something unique about old cameras. I love how ornate they are and when I look at old photos I am amazed at how they have been created. Those were the days where you didn't have Photoshop and other digital alteration programs.


This is a photo of my father with his four girls. I am the youngest (beside dad). I love the way when photos were taken in those days the men were dressed in suits or suit jackets. Its sad that today people can be too casual but I guess that's what makes these old photos special. Maybe it was because in that era there was not a lot of cameras around so to have a photo taken it was more of a special occasion.

This photo is of my parents on their wedding day. Doesn't my mother look beautiful. Her father was half chinese and I think it shows in her high cheekbones. Dad looks great in his army uniform. He looks so young when you think he was probably heading off overseas to fight for his country.
The camera on the front right hand side is from Vietnam. It would have been left behind when the Americans fled Vietnam after the war. It makes you wonder what things that camera has seen. I wanted to bring a camera back when we were in Vietnam but they are quite scarce now as it is over twenty years before the war ended so was fortunate to get this one. It is very heavy as well.

1 comment:

  1. interesting blog Paddy, I think you have got the gist of it. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete