Friday 24 February 2012

AN INSPIRING AFTERNOON

Well what an interesting afternoon I had. My partner was  pottering away doing his thing. So I got inspired to start taking some photos and playing around with my camera's settings.

I got out of my usual mode of aperture, portrait, landscape and macro and decided to try switching to manual mainly and some aperture. My way of taking photos is adjusting the settings and see what looks like through the lens. I get a little confused when they talk about ISO and aperture settings in the camera world.

So I pulled out some lovely clothing I have and put them on an old vintage coathanger and displayed them in my bedroom window. I have a soft curtain with writing on which gives a lovely backdropl.

Meanwhile one hour later I am still shooting away and adding silk roses and pearls to my subjects. 

I have always been a visual person and I worked for many years in  Jewellery stores. The thing I loved the most was merchandising and displaying jewellery to the best advantage.

This was a beautiful silk flower which I like to wear on my clothing or  my sunhats to give a vintage look.

This is my beautiful model/granddaughter wearing this pretty dress which I got for a few dollars at a recycle shop, another passion of mine, wandering around op shops looking for items that I can display in my home.

This beautiful negligee was brought at David Jones in Brisbane, Australia (I worked in their Sydney branch for a year while I was living there) The designer is Maggie Tabberer a well known woman who I have admired. She is a larger lady who in her days was a model. She is always dressed beautifully and elegantly for her size and her clothing line is for plus size ladies.

I love the beautiful ruffles at the bottom of the negligee.

One of favorite pieces of jewellery, Pearls. They are timeless and can be worn by young and old. Love how they shine and seem to suit everybody.




This is another beautiful piece of lingerei  of mine. I have to admit I don't always wear them, but I love having them and admiring them.


This beautiful blouse does not fit me but I brought it for  aesetic  value.

3 comments:

  1. these are all nice, love the second to last one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Paddy, that is just great, the dialogue makes it so much more interesting. Your photographs have come out beautifully, love the soft sepia colours you have photographed. A beautiful blog. You are putting your own personality into your blog, and the readers will get to know you.
    Proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments. I took on board what you said and I loved the light that came through the window.

    ReplyDelete