Saturday 10 March 2012

BANANA CAKE

I haven't done much baking lately as I am too tempted to eat what I bake and is not good for the waistline. I had some overripe bananas so decided I would make a banana cake.

So I got my trusted Edmonds cook book out. This cookbook is like a bible for all the women of my mother's and her mother's generation.

My oven is quiet old and temperamental and quite often overcooks things so I have to gauge things and keep checking on things. Also the timer doesn't work which doesn't help. So it's quite a bit of trial and error.

Looking at this picture it looks as if it has come out ok.

The final masterpiece. Hope it tastes as good as it looks. I am like my sister Jacky who likes her cakes moist.

2 comments:

  1. great blog entry Paddy, love how you have photographed each step, the colours are lovely and mmmh hmm that cake looks damn good, enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. a tip Paddy, if you get any anonymous comments you don't recognise put them straight in your junk. They should only come through on your emails thank goodness, people trying to put their advertising on your blog.

    ReplyDelete